2.1.12

Music Review: "Everything is Everything"



"Everything is everything
What is meant to be, will be
After winter, must come spring
Change, it comes eventually

This is one of the only songs I have heard that is true for almost everyone. Lauryn is singing about how you really can't change life. Life moves very slowly, so you have time to take it all in.

I wrote these words for everyone
Who struggles in their youth
Who won't accept deception
Instead of what is truth
It seems we lose the game,
Before we even start to play

Just about everyone has a confusing time figuring out who they are and how they got there. We think things are impossible but here she says nothing is impossible if you try. Play through to the end.

L. Boogie spars with stars and constellations
then came down for a little conversation
Adjacent to the king, fear no human being

Lauryn's nickname is L. Boogie. She is saying that she is a star. You can look at her self confidence and be inspired to look at yourself in a different way. You can look at yourself as the best person in the world. To other people you may not be, but to yourself you are a star." Without a doubt, Lauryn Hill's music is ageless and timeless.:)

Enjoy this music video by Paramore(I absolutely love them) even though it's a bit extra and not apart of my music review on Lauryn Hill=D.


Aside from these two songs I pointed out within the categories of true Hip-Hop and Rock, I enjoy all genres...seriously. I think that my ability to find talent in something no matter if I'm use to it or not comes from my open-mindness. It's also easy for me to fall in love with it. Alot of the music that I just know will never get old to me is mostly 90s music because I am a 90s baby:) and heard it growing up. From waltz music to techno, I like it all!! Here are JUST A FEW artists I adore with some of my favorite songs they've produced (if you haven't heard some of their majic already):
Snow Patrol-"You could be happy","Chasing cars"
Coldplay-"Fix you","Paradise","The scientist"
Erykah Badu-"Window seat","Love of my life","Honey"
Angie Stone-"Brotha"
Common-"I want you","The people"
Maxwell-"Pretty wings"
Goo goo dolls-"Iris","Slide"
Avril Lavigne-"Smile","When your gone"
Hilary Duff-"So yesterday"
One Republic,The Script,Maroon 5, Seven Nation Army
Rihanna-All songs
Digable Planet-"Im cool like dat"
Beyonce-All songs
Fefe Dobson-Stuttering
Pink,Desiree',LMAO,Pixie Lott
India Irie-All songs,Jill Scott-All songs
Queen Latifah-U.N.I.T.Y
Michael Jackson,Janet Jackson,Aretha Franklin
La Roux
Kirko Bangz-"In my cup"
Owl City,Katy Perry,Selena Gomez
Kimbra,Lyfe Jennings,Karina Pasian
Marsha A.,Jenniefer H.,Nas,Nicki Minaj,Bruno Mars
Wilson Phillips-"Hold on"
Bob Marley-All songs
Jamie Foxx,Drake,Lil wayne,Ice Cube,Tupac
Nivea-"Complicated''
Mary J.,Kanye,Ludachris, Chris Brown,Chrishan
Visoto Bosses,Luther Vandross,Jerimiah,Marvin Gaye
Big Sean,A.S.K. ME,Robin Thicke,Adam Lambert
Sade-"Soldier of Love","The sweetest taboo","Smooth Operator":)

1 comment:

  1. "To Zion" on this album is a family favorite. It has been on the playlist at every party or gathering we have had since the album came out.
    You have a good variety of music that you respect. Keep digging. Donny Hathaway did the original "Everything is Everything"...check it out. He did more than "This Christmas."

    ReplyDelete